These release notes contain an overview of new features, improvements and bugfixes as they are deployed. If you are a Maps API customer you will be informed when new release notes are available. Please make sure to inform those who have implemented the API about these release notes as they may contain technical details about extended or new features.
Release January 2020¶
- New Feature
- For most layers it is now possible to translate field names to a more meaningfull name.
Both translations and filter fields can now be accessed through our dashboard.
- When creating an application, a productAPI and MapsAPI will be created automatically.
- Our MapsApi dashboard has been changed to be more efficient for managing applications.
Release December 2019¶
- New Feature
- Intersect Data API CALL
- It is now possible to have an Outline Editor without Authentication when not working with oAuth. When creating an application you get the option to enabled it. To toggle this option, edit your application through ‘Algemeen en beveiliging’ -> ‘Applicatitie bewerken’ and choose for ‘Dossiergrens bewerken toestaan voor anonieme gebruiker’. This option is only available in the dashboard.
Release November 2019¶
- New Features
- auto save outline editor
Every change you make will automatically be saved.
- Download outline geometry from dashboard.
You can export the outline geometry in geojson, gml and EWKT formats for use in GIS or CAD applications
- BGT (Basisregistratie Grootschalige Topografie) base layer
an extensive layer with roads, buildings, tunnels, bridges and waterways. Due to it’s complexity and size this layer is visible on a lower zoom-level
- Bestemmingsplannen base layer
For visual reference we added the bestemmingsplannen layer as a default base layer.
- 2 new Data API calls for managing geometries.
- viewer optimisation mobile.
Screen space is limited on mobile, therefore our layers and map information is now available in the roll-up overlay. Click on the map or on the layer-switcher to access the information or switch layers.
- transparency slider
If you have selected a layer to have transparency, then the transparency slider will be available in the layer switcher.
- Extensive improvements outline editor. See Outline Editor for full details
- New Icons. We have updated the icons in all of our viewers and editors. Every function and tool has it’s own unique
icon improving the user experience of our viewers and editors.
- Loading/save indicator. The old indicators have also been upgraded. The loading indicator is now a spinning compass.
The save indicator is no longer a small green check but is now front and center
- Highlighting outline (Dossiergrens)
An eye icon is now available besides the outline information after a click on the map. Click the eye icon to highlight the outline.
The Outline editor (Dossiergrens Editor) has had a complete overhaul. We have minimized the amount of buttons available on start. Giving you the click (select perceel) tool and nothing more. The more advance drawing tools are still available. Just click or tap the ‘down arrows’ to access them.
A new help system has also been made available. You start with a notice giving bullet-point instructions to help you get started. A new i-button is available. Press this button to activate the help-function. Now when you select a tool a short instruction on usage and functionality will appear on screen. Enough of the help? Just click the i-button again to toggle off the help.
First click zoom. You start with the click tool selected and either on national level (seeing the entire country) or on the level of the existing outline. Now when you click, the editor will automatically zoom in and focus on that click. It will do this only once to get you started.
Auto save. Every (de-)selection you make is automatically saved, ensuring your work is not lost in case of a browser crash or other events that would result in the lost of the outline. The old save button is still there if you want to be absolutely sure your work was saved.
The editor has been optimized for mobile. Where it used to be nearly impossible to edit an outline on a phone or tablet, it is now possible to do it with one hand. The tool-bar is conveniently placed in the right lower corner so that all drawing tools can be accessed with the thumb.
Release October 2019¶
- The correct Content-Type header is now used with snapshot
- New Features
- Added GetCapabilities call for WMS
- Added GetCapabilities call for WFS
- Added GetCapabilities call for WMTS
In the Maps API dashboard the option is created to select the layer from an external WMS/WFS/WMTS.
- Added transparency to MapsApi. It is now possible to have transparency as a setting per layer.
If one layer has a transparency setting, a slider will appear in the viewer.
Release September 2019¶
- MapsAPI : After viewer duplication, the outline (Dossiergrens) of the duplicated viewer now uses the correct styling.
- ProductAPI: While creating a Product API application, ‘slottekst’ can now be empty
Release August 2019¶
Release July 2019¶
- Outline as layer
The Outline (Dossiergrens) is now displayed as a layer in the viewer. The benefits of this is that it can be treated as a regular layer. The layer can be turned on/off. The layer can be sorted. The layer can be printed to pdf.
The outline now gives you the surface measurements in meters squared when clicked.
Existing viewers have automatically been updated to the new standard. We are not expecting this to have any issues, and although thoroughly tested, it could be that you may encounter an issue. Should this be the case than please contact us.
Viewers that are automatically created by API calls should not be affected by this change.
Release June 2019¶
- Improved Data Api Speed
- Multiple mobile improvements
- Changed Data Api documentation
- New Features
- Added set_feature call
- Added new product “Maatvoering Perceel”
Release May 2019¶
- Layers loading correctly again in IE11
- After use of ‘free selection’ button in Outline editor in IE11 mouse is no longer affected
- Web Map Service layers loading correctly again
- Outline editor starts with button ‘free selection’ activated
- Help texts for toolbar buttons in Outline editor
- Saving drawed outline shows progress indicator
- New Features
- Zooming further out in viewer outside the drawed outline up to the level of the country
- Dynamically print only the activated layers
- Data API
- With this release we are also launching our Data Api. You will be able to access our data directly with an address, perceel or geometry. You can daisy-chain several calls together to enrich you viewer or you own database. - additionally we are launching our webhook. In the future long process will be making use of the webhook, moving the proccesses to the background to ensuring a smooth, fast interaction. The webhook also makes it possible to be more responsive with the viewer/editors of maps-api. For now this functionality is available for the outline-editor (dossiergrens editor). When someone saves an outline geometry a webhook call can be placed notifying your site/app of the change. You can use this information to in combination of both Maps & Data Api to gather the necessary data and geometries.
- If you want to start using our Data Api please contact us.
Release April 2019¶
Release Februari 2019¶
- Click & drag behaviour viewer on mobile devices
- Click detection improved on lines
- Application SLD no longer affects styling outline or referred outline layers
- Removing all outlines in editor and saving will revert viewer back to default settings
- API call set_outline has improved validation
- Improved API logging
- Snaptool can be toggled on/off in both Editor and viewer
- Embedded viewer has been removed from viewer page to improve loadingtimes
- New Features
The show_layer variable in the create/update layer calls will replace the query string variable visible_layers in time. If you are currently loading your viewer(s) with visible_layers=0 it is advised to update the layers with a show_layer=false
visible_layers will be supported until august 2019
Release Januari 2019¶
- Removing vector layer containing shape with .sld file gives error
- Planviewer Dashboard: display viewer name in editing proxy layers
- Print to PDF in API viewer gave 504 error.
- Uploading large shape files gave 504 error
- Minor layout fix API editor
- Export CSV including geometry exports full geometry.
- Feature information display improvements
- New Features
- Create viewer outline by API call
- Filter displayed feature information per layer by API call
- Load API viewer with all layers visible/hidden
- Load API viewer with layer list visible/hidden
- Get Legend for Vector Layer
- Display surface measurement of geometries in Vector Layers in API viewer